The government of Turkey announced the immediate suspension of visa services to U.S. citizens, effective October 8, 2017. According to the government’s announcement, this includes the issuance of physical “sticker” visas at border posts, and the online Turkish electronic visa (e-visa). U.S. citizens planning travel to Turkey, and who have questions regarding this regulation should contact the closest Embassy or Consulate of Turkey or the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The U.S. Embassy in Ankara, the Consulate General in Istanbul, the Consulate in Adana and the Consular Agency in Izmir remain open and continue to provide services to U.S. citizens in Turkey.
For further detailed information regarding Turkey and travel:
· See the State Department’s travel website<http://travel.state.gov/#_blank> for the Worldwide Caution<http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/alertswarnings/worldwide-caution.html#_blank>, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Turkey’s Country Specific Information<http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/country/turkey.html#_blank>.
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program<https://step.state.gov/step/#_blank> (STEP<https://step.state.gov/step/#_blank>) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
· Contact the U.S. Embassy in Ankara<https://tr.usembassy.gov/>, located at 110 Ataturk Boulevard, Kavaklidere, 06100 Ankara, at +90-312-455-5555, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. An after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +90-312-455-5555 or +90-212-335-9000 (U.S. Consulate General Istanbul).
· Contact the U.S. Consulate General in Istanbul<https://tr.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/istanbul/>, located at Poligon Mahallesi, Sarıyer Caddesi, No:75, 34460, Istinye, Sariyer, at +90-212-335-9000.
· Contact the U.S. Consulate in Adana<https://tr.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/adana/>, located at 212 Girne Bulvari, Guzelevler Mahallesi, Yuregir, Adana at +90-322-455-4100.
· Contact the Consular Agency in Izmir at Izmir@state.gov<mailto:Izmir@state.gov>.
· Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
Originally appeared on : tr.usembassy.gov
Leave a Reply